Sunday, August 20, 2006


Today was my first youth mental poisoning day, just joking, the first day I was actually able to teach in front of a class. I truly enjoyed it... my parents really helped me with the advice the night before when they said, "hey, just be yourself and relax!"

It totally worked and I think it was a great lesson. I was quite enthusiastic about the material (the days of the week), so I presented it in a very lively manner which definately sparked the attention of the students. All in all a great morning!
I did notice that the students although very respectful, were reluctant to participate in the class. I presented various opportunities for them to speak aloud etc. and it was like pulling teeth! The Chinese education system is sooo different! They actually take notes at the age of 12!!!!!!!!! When I was 12 you would be lucky if I even opened up a notebook (well I was a nerd...so maybe not me) but you get my point.


Tomorrow is my next day of teaching practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger flower said...

1. Reach and Run day? You're screwed.

Miss you man. Take over China or something like that- might make you less weak.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home