Monday, August 07, 2006



















Ok i bet you are wondering what language this is in?... ITS ENGLISH!! Yes its this international system to teach kids English phonetics, I swear I thought it was Russian or something. Its pretty neat actually once you slowly get the hang of it.

Today was the first day of TEFL classes; basically we were treated like kindergardeners for 7 hours to actually learn how classrooms will be taught. There were more foreigners from all over the world that showed up for this class: China, Japan, USA, New Zealand, India, Australia, Whales and some Brits sprinkled here and there, gotta have the brits :) All of whom were here to get their TEFL certifications. It felt real international up in there... it was funny because there were distinct regional divides and rivalries in accents, the Americans were clearly the more vocal on these disputes, God Bless Us ..haha

Lunch time, I was nabbed by some girls who literally would not let me hang with my American buddies. They forced me to sit with them so they could learn everything they could about American culture, black Americans, English, American English etc. It was fun, I got emails, so now I got some Pen Pals.

After Lunch back to class I went where we did exercises and skits in English...very grade school, but funny. I was purposefully being difficult by using enormously huge words unecessarily...like when Shireen (the teacher) said, "William give me a word that starts with the letter N" i would say "ok um Narcolepsy" ...or when Shireen asked me why does anyone want to learn a new language, I said "To become an optimal entity in the global sphere, and to reject being so reliant on the domestic"... needless to say I got a few laughs, hey, you gotta have fun while you are here right?

Reppin Ma Polah Bearz wid da big wurdz cuz uze kno i be learndin and readin and stuffff...!

I met this guy Jesse at dinner, he is originally from New Zealand, but his parents moved to China when he was 12, so he is this dude who looks like he is from straight out of London, and he speaks PERFECT and i mean PERFECT Mandarin, im so jealous. We all had dinner, it was bland and really not doing it for me... ah well.

Got an email from my mom today, it was cool, stuff like that is always good to get when you are so far away, gotta get some home reminders in order to keep yourself truckin!

ADAM IF YOUR READING THIS PLEASE GET MY MUSIC!!!!!!!!! (pulling hair out)

Oh and here is my Address for those who are at all interested in writing letters, sending large wads of cash or just boxes containing their souls in the mail to me:

P.O. Box 935, Ningxi Zhuhai, PRC 519001

NOTE*** THIS ADDRESS IS ONLY FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST!!!! After that I will be moving so I will have a new Addy.

It seems as though me and a significant portion of the group are entirely choosing Shanghai as the city to do it big in for the year. We are constantly being sold on Guangzhou and Shenzhen etc...but Shanghai is definately calling us. So we are vigorously trying to find jobs there; there are many openings so it is not difficult. I found a job that will pay me 8,000 kuai a month thats like 1,000 USD a month...not bad at all for China.

That is all for now... Hao le!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home